Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Open water swim

For the past 12 months my daily routine has been getting up early, hammering out a training plan of some sort, and then getting ready for bed. Well today I got a chance to sleep in, catch up on that so much needed sleep. We then made our way to the beach for our first open water swim in the golf. All of us, Trevor, Sandra, Rick, Chris and I swam a few meters and then chatted, swam some more. The intent of this swim was just to get a feel for the ocean as Chris and I had never really want in salt water before. It was suprising how much you float in salt water. Chris and I managed to get a few more minutes in before returning to the beach with the crew. We then decided that we should have some fun in the hotel pool and we all splashed around and just enjoyed our company.

After lunch, Chris and I had to get a workout in, so we got our bikes ready and made sure everything was in proper working order. I was afraid that my front wheel was damaged but I got the okay from a bike mechanic and he assured me that my wheel was perfectly fine. We manage to ride a 15km ride and just got a feel for the road. The road here in so nice compared to Birds hill park. We then when out for a short run, 25 minutes and just got a feel for the road. We planned the run at the same time that we would be running on Saturday to get a feel for the heat.

Tonight, we all packed into the van and went to the outlet stores for some shopping. With the strong dollar, we couldn’t miss a chance for great deals. I managed to spend my next years salary but I did get great deals.

Now I find myself writing this entry in my blog as I’m sitting outside, hearing the waves hit the shore. After so much stress at work, it’s a great change of pace. Tomorrow, we will start the ironman festivities that include the registration the group swim and the countless hours looking at the new gear that is being offered by various suppliers.

Another great day in paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home