Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dauphins swimming by our beach

This morning, as we looked on from our balconies, we saw dauphins swimming near our hotel. IT was so cool, there was two baby dauphins and a mommy dauphin. Our hotel manager told us that it was normal to see them, and that because there was some food in that area, you can often see them. We will keep looking for them because its so cool to see.

Otherwise, today is wednesday and it was a big training day. First thing we did today, was to go to the race site and get our open water swim in, on the actual race course. We got there around 9 and the ironman staff were putting in the buoys for the swim. So we swam behind them so we got to be the first to swim the course...well with a few other friends. I was quite surprise by the swim. I was expecting that when we got into the deep water that I would start to freak out but it was really calming. I never worries about the swim and after today and swimming the course in the waves, I'm confident that my swimming abilities will lead me to a good swim time.

After our swim, we registered for the race. Got weighed, signed our life away and finally got our race kits that included our race numbers, race bags and everything we will need for the race. Its quite humbling knowing that on only a few days we will be racing this race we spent so much time training for.

After registration, we headed into the ironman store. I think I spent a small fortune and I think I just added 3 more years to my mortgage because I spent that much. But got some good gear and some nice souvenirs of this event.

After lunch, trevor and I went for a ride on the bike course and then rode the run course. Its always a good thing to do so you have an understanding of the course so you can mentally break it down. i think the run course will be 3 small sections each way.

Then, we got back to our hotel had some food and went to pickup Chris' girlfriend from the airport.

This was then end of the day, but let me tell you between each event the entire group had some good laughs, mostly at my expense but some were directed at Chris.

Tomorrow we have planned another swim, and a small run. We also have to get our gear ready for the race. Its coming fast...is coming really fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home